The InvestorSure CD offers the upside of the S&P 500 without risking principal.
Should the value of the S&P 500 decline over the investment period, the
InvestorSure CD returns full principal at maturity. Investments held to maturity will
also receive at least 70 percent* of the average increase in the S&P 500 (based on a
InvestorSure CDs are:
- issued exclusively by College Savings Bank.
- FDIC Insured to at least $250,000 per depositor .
- offered with all of the features and tax benefits of a 529 Plan, IRA or
- tax-deductible for Montana and Arizona residents through our 529 Plans as well
as residents of Maine, Kansas, Pennsylvania and Missouri.
- affordable with multiple deposit
- free of enrollment fees or other management charges.
InvestorSure CDs are offered with a 5-year maturity. At maturity, you can use the
funds to pay qualified higher education expenses, re-invest in another InvestorSure CD,
or move the funds to a CollegeSure CD until your child is ready to pay for school.
While historical rates of return are never a guarantee of future performance - if
InvestorSure CDs were available, the previous 80 maturing CDs (ending November 1, 2012) would
have produced an average annual percentage yield (APY) of at least 3.47%.
|InvestorSure CD: 20- 10- and 5-Year Historical Rates of Return with Avg. APY at 70%(2)
|Issue Date Range
||Maturity Date Range
||No. of CDs
||Avg. APY of Every Maturing CD Over Date Range
||Taxable Equivalent Earnings(3)
(1) InvestorSure CDs will pay, based on a formula, between 70 and 100% of the increase
in the S&P 500 at maturity; featuring a calculated average of 20 quarterly
measurement points throughout the term of the CD. The averaging further protects your
investment from wide swings in the S&P 500 as your investment approaches maturity.
The current participation rate is 70%.
(2) The InvestorSure CD was introduced to the market on February 1, 2008. Historical
analysis is purely hypothetical and applies the current product upside
payment formula to a period of time in which the product was not available.
(3) Taxable equivalent analysis assumes the investor is within the 28% federal income tax bracket.
The InvestorSure CD will be issued 4-times a year, but College Savings Bank will
accept funds everyday for the investment. Contributions will be held in an Accumulator
account until issue date. Accumulator accounts with a balance of $250 or more will
automatically purchase an InvestorSure CD.
For more information, view the
InvestorSure CD Terms and Conditions.